July 3rd to August 18th.
(Boarding pupils check entry date)
We offer an entertaining summer combining learning and practising SPANISH or FRENCH in a fun way and practising different kinds of sports in one of the most privileged and unique environments of Andorra.
We hope that all the participants will have unforgettable experiences that will help them to enrich their physical, human, social and intellectual development.
This programme from 09:00h until 17:00h (*) includes:
• Pupils will have 16 Spanish or French weekly modules focused in the use of the oral language skills in a fun and practical way and they will be taught by our team of qualified native teachers, who have many years experience and who are a permanent part of the teaching staff during the normal school year. Schedule 09:00h- 13:00h.
• Pupils will be able to personalize their summer course weekly as they will have the opportunity to combine these classes with one of the options indicated next (all of them in Spanish). Schedule 14:00h – 17:00h:
(*) Upon request for the youngest of the school it will be possible to leave your child between 8:15h to 9:00h and or to collect him/her between 17:00h to 18:00h.
PrimPrimary Level I (7 to 11 years)
• ANDOR101P Robotics and Programming Workshop. They will build and program simple robots with LegoWeDo.
• ANDOR201P Robotics and Programming Workshop. They will build and program robots with Lego Mindstorm NXT and the Expansion Pack.
• One-week ANDOR INTRO-P Robotics and Programming Workshop. They will build and program simple robots with Lego WeDo and they will program MOWAY robots.
Secondary Level II (12 to 16 years)
• ANDOR101S Robotics and Programming Workshop. They will build and program robots with Lego Mindstorm NXT and the Expansion Pack. They will program the Moway robots with the Scratch platform.
• ANDOR201S Robotics and Programming Workshop. They will create advanced robots with Lego EV3 and they will develop robotic electronics projects with Arduino.
• One-week ANDOR INTRO-S Robotics and Programming Workshop. They will build and they will program different robots with Lego Mindstorm NXT and they will program MOWAY robots.
Advanced (with previous experience of 10 to 16 years)
• ANDOR301 Robotics and Programming Workshop. They will create advanced robots with Arduino and Raspberry.
Designed for those intrepid children who want to learn, to interact with nature and with enough energy to have fun and enjoy the next activities: orientation, gymkhanas, excursions, hiking, zip lines, jumping…
The activities will be done in Vallnord and surroundings and they will be adapted to every age group (1 monitor/8 pupils).
Without leaving the school, participants can also enjoy our heated indoor pool, the central court where they can play football, tennis, basketball, volleyball…
A course to introduce golf at the P&P golf course in La Cortinada oRDINO, with a fun programme to introduce the participants into this sport and its physical, psychological and educational benefits as part of their formation.
Activity led by a teacher qualified by the Musical Theatre of Madrid who is a film specialist.
Pupils will perform an initiation to the musical theatre, set up choreography, songs, makeup, costumes…
To help parents with their organization we will send you the monthly menu checked by an expert in nutrition. All the meals are prepared in the school so in case a student has any kind of allergy or needs a special diet it must be communicated by email to the school.
The dining room will be supervised by the school teachers.
The school will provide with a picnic for Thursdays excursions.
The boarding house
The boarding house has room for 50 students.
The students will be living with their boarding staff on separate floors for boys and girls, and in 2 or 3 beds per room. All of them will be supplied with bed linen, daily cleaning service and change of bedding and laundry service will be provided on a weekly basis.
The students have breakfast in the boarding house while the other meals (mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner) are offered in the school dining-room and are prepared by our kitchen staff.
All the students have a designated tutor from the boarding staff who will be responsible for helping the children with behavior, extra scholastic activities and weekend trips. The tutor will also make sure that constant contact with the children´s families is maintained.
At night the participants can enjoy activities such as disco, night games, costume parties and sport competitions.
Extracurricular activities :
The boarding students will do different extracurricular activities from 17.00 to 20.00 and on weekends which will include:
• Trip to and night in a mountain shelter
• A visit to the thermal spa of Caldea.
• Multi-adventure circuit in Engolasters with rope bridges, zip wires, hanging bridges.
• Visits to museums.
• Routes through the different parishes.
• Workshops in residence.
• Cirque du Soleil (only July).
• Summer Cinema.
• Some evenings, the students will go down for a walk to Andorra La Vella and Escaldes in order that they can do some shopping.
Optional activities :
Moreover, as optional activities (prices not included in rates) we will organize special outings such as:
• Karting Marc Gené in Tarter – Canillo where students can experience the sensation of a real F1 driver.
• Rafting: full day in Sort. The route of the descent will depend on the age of the participants in order to comply with the safety rules (optional activity)
Pupils with residency at the Principality and who don’t attend our school in the academic year will have to present a copy of the extra school insurance. Pupils with no residency should bring with them the agreement form between the Spanish Social Security and the Andorran one (E/AND11) that covers the holiday course or a copy of a private health insurance.
School Bus optional. Weekly price 40 €
Special discounts for siblings is 50%.
Conditions and methods of payment:
The cost of the reservation of a place has to be paid in full at the time of registration. This amount will be discounted from the total cost of the course.
Payment can be made in the following ways: cash – money transfer (person making the transfer will be responsible for the bank charges) – bank or money order (only Andorra) – postal wire.
In the case of cancellation, there is no refund for the reservation fee. In the case of unforeseen circumstances causing major absences or lack of attendance to the course, the Col.legi del Pirineu would give due consideration to refunding the amounts paid, deducting all the related costs involved.
Special discounts for siblings 15%.
1 week boarding school = 7 days/6 nights